Digital Transformation, Project & Task Management & Agile Methodologies implementation
On-going since 2015
- Excel sheets, emails, Asana, and other tools were used by SDG members to track their tasks and service requests. The main source of concern was a lack of visibility into existing bottlenecks, pain points, and roadblocks. Furthermore, collaboration between various government entities involved in the SDG was missing, and a lack of proper planning, communications, and agility resulted in serious issues such as service delivery delays.
- On top of that, the need for a proper management reporting tool to study and solve problems was unavoidable.
- Another technical challenge was the lack of a proper source code management tool; in SDG, hundreds of services are integrated into a single platform, and such highly integrated environments necessitate an ongoing development framework with continuous delivery and integration. As a result, the need for a proper source code management tool became an urgent reality.
Gathering requirements, analysis, brainstorming and collaboration with various teams and departments of SDG led to the design of the Target Operating Model to be implemented.
Infosysta provided a comprehensive analysis of the situation at SDG, based on a four-month plan for iterative improvements to be implemented progressively across all departments.
Identification, selection and implementation of the proper operation model/tools to address the existing challenges.
Agile culture building, a key component of a successful digital transformation journey lies in the ability to build an agile culture with buy-in across the organization. We allocated a dedicated team to help in the culture building, this initiative was built around several axis:
- Including stakeholders and end users early in the process
- Challenging current practices and suggesting improvements
- Workshops on each “stream” to gain stakeholders buy in
- Suggest “quick wins” to show quick return on investment
- Train the trainee approach and transfer the knowledge
SDG recognized that having an internal agile culture with iterative and timely continuous delivery would undoubtedly improve team performance and challenge them to be industry leaders in the smart services industry.
Infosysta is extremely proud to have been a part of this landmark initiative; it is a true success story, and the solutions we provided aided in a variety of ways, to name a few:
o Improved SLAs and resource allocation
o Facilitated the adoption of an agile culture
o Reduced service bottlenecks
o Respected SLAs and increased user satisfaction
o Improved time management and work organization
o Top management has 360-degree visibility